Monday, November 08, 2010

Shopping and Project

Last Friday and Saturday I've got to have a little fun. Not that everyday isn't fun, but a while back my mom and I signed up to take a class together. It happened to be on her birthday, so we thought it would be a fun way to celebrate. My aunt Deb who works for Seven Gypsies and another lady, Paula, who works for them, too, put together this class. It is the cutest, most amazing advent board you've ever seen. This is what my finished product will be.

I think I got 17 of the tags done that day, so I don't have too many left to finish, then I can assemble the board.

But backing up...on Friday, several of the ladies who took the class all met up for a day of shopping and fun. My mom and I drove with two other ladies we didn't know before but who turned out to be super nice and fun. We went to Rust & Roses and Melrose Vintage.



We had a delicious lunch and lots of visiting at Postino. From there, we trekked out to Mesa to go to Found and Domestic Bliss. I totally found the couch and chairs I want for my front room.


Cute, huh?! Too bad, we could trade Brian's car in and still come up short! Ha ha. It's fun to dream though.

We stopped at Mystic Paper. From there, we took off to head home but not before stopping at a boutique in Chandler. I found some handmade soaps and really cute headbands.

The next morning, we were up and at 'em and at Deb's house by 9 AM. They seriously went over the top for this class. The presentation for the supplies was so cute none of us wanted to use anything and ruin it! Everything was wrapped up so cute and thoughtfully.


We did get to work though and worked our tails off until about 6:15. Some stayed later, but I had to get back for a wedding reception. We did stop for a lunch that my uncle Skip made. Delicious! Paula did make the salad which was incredible, too.



Overall, it was a day of fun, work and creativity.

(Doesn't it look like we worked hard?!)
It was really, really fun to do something creative again--it's been WAY too long and made me realize just how much I miss it. Now I've got to get cracking to finish the rest of the project. Thanks, Mom, for having a birthday so we could celebrate!

1 comment:

maccam said...

So fun! What a beautiful project! You know it's so funny, I clean Kristen's teeth (the one who owns Domestic Bliss) and have looked at her blog forever.
If you didn't already know, it's
http://domesticbliss-domesticbliss.blogspot.com/
I get great ideas all the time.
-Plus I love the couches.