Thursday, December 22, 2011

First Few Days

Ezra is very well loved by his sisters. They can't get enough of him. He is very patient and does love to be held.
(not sure why his chin has a big red mark on it--he really didn't)

You can tell what he thought about his first bath at home. He loved being wrapped up after though.

I have actually felt great after having Ezra. Other than some doozie after-birth pains that lasted 4-5 days, I can't complain. Although sleep isn't something I am getting a whole lot of, I am really only tired first thing in the morning or later in the evening. If I push through it, I am okay and can get through. I have felt a bit spoiled this time. This week my parents have taken Ruby and Hattie all day so I could rest or do whatever with just me and Ezra. It has been a dream. My dad has come over in the morning and gotten Ruby (and Hattie too on her non-preschool day), then they pick up Hattie from school and keep them until time for the older three to get home. Then they have come over and helped with homework and the after school rush. I think I might have melted in a pool of overwhelmedness (I think I made up that word) if I hadn't had that help! Ruby and Hattie have loved going over to their house. I am not sure what Ruby is going to do next week when she gets to be home with me. I am not nearly as fun as her playdate this week. :) And Hattie has had fun helping my mom get ready for our Christmas dinner that we have tomorrow night. Today I did have a little taste of having a few more kids home. Eliza and Libby went to their cousin's birthday party. My parents took them and Abby out to Casa Grande, so I had a day with Ezra, Hattie, Ellie and Ruby. Ellie was a huge helper, but Hattie was not so easy. She kind of "eggs" everyone (read: Ruby) on and gets them riled up or causes mischief. I think the hardest part right now is feeding times. It's just hard to sit down to feed when I need to be watching what Hattie or Ruby are doing. Add that to Ruby not wanting to nap and it makes things a little tricky. I am not going to give up on her naps just yet though.

One thing I did this week was take Ezra to his first doctor's appointment. He weighed 7lbs. 3 oz, so he is doing well and everything looks great.

So at one week old, we already know that he:
loves to be held
doesn't like his bed
usually goes through two diapers per diaper change (we need to be faster)
likes to sleep on the couch
sleeps really well during the day
is very cute and sweet.

2 comments:

Ann said...

Glad we could help!

Ironygirl said...

I am so glad you are getting help and wish I could help you myself! I bet it was hard with the four you had because the older ones aren't as needy and can help too! I almost wish it was the littler ones in school after a baby comes and the older ones home!