Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Tender Mercy



I think the Lord knew I needed a tender mercy to help encourage me during these past couple difficult months. So He had Ruby potty train herself. Seriously.

I had been wondering when I would do it and when I would have time to dedicate to it with a new baby who was still nursing. One day a few weeks ago, I put Ruby in underwear and thought I'd give it a shot. She didn't go at all (in the toilet or in her underwear) for most of the day. But I had a babysitter come while I took Ellie, Hattie and Libby to gymnastics, and she had an accident. I decided I would just put her back in diapers and try again when I could be home solid for a few days straight. Well the next day she was in diapers just like before but that night Brian was at my parents' with her while I attended a New Beginnings for another ward. I got a text saying that Ruby had asked to go to the bathroom and that she did. I thought that was kind of weird, but okay, good! The next day I had her in a diaper (I didn't anticipate that she would keep it up), but I did tell her to let me know if she needed to go. Well, she did each time and we haven't looked back since. It has been a tender mercy to say the least in that I really had nothing to do with it. Yay, Ruby!!!!

4 comments:

Ironygirl said...

I am so glad for you! Definitely a tender mercy.

Ann said...

She is such a sweet girl!! And so smart!

Kamy said...

That's wonderful! I need one of those too!

Sara said...

Oh that's so awesome! BTW I love the pic. of her in taht post. So cute!