A couple of weeks ago was our stake youth conference up at NAU. It was a TON of work leading up to it since it was the stake young men and young women's presidency who planned it and carried it out. There were many nights without much sleep getting everything ready, but I think it ended up being a success. One of the best parts was having Alex Boye come and do a concert one night and then a fireside the following morning. He was such a fun performer! Everyone loved him.
He sang "Peponi", which was amazing! He also sang "The Churchball Anthem," which I was happy he did because it's so funny.
His accompanist came with him and come to find out, he served his mission in Phoenix. I remember him having come over for dinner and spending time at our house. We reminisced about that a bit and tried to catch him up on some people he remembered.
The next morning Alex did a fireside with speaking and singing. He basically told his conversion story which was really incredible. He sang a neat song called "I'll Believe in Him," but perhaps the highlight was him singing "How Great Thou Art." It was the most powerful, touching performance of that song I've heard.
We just had our wrap-up evaluation meeting for the conference early this morning before church, so I'm glad it went well, but also glad to have a break from all that work!
Sunday, June 24, 2012
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
EFY was so amazing! Thank you so much for everything you did to get ready and make it so wonderful. It really strengthened my testimony!
Post a Comment