Monday, June 29, 2009

Daddy/Daughter

I am behind. On Friday we didn't have any major plans or anywhere to be really, so that was so nice! I actually used the day to clean and got quite a bit done. Brian came home a little after lunch and he, Ellie and Eliza headed off with my brother and Abby to his ward's daddy/daughter camp out. They went where Brian went to father's and sons' and they had a great time! Brian said they both did great. At night they had dinner--roasted hot dogs--then there was a fireside and a compass activity/snipe hunting. Eliza really enjoyed that. In the morning they had breakfast--one of the dads made donuts and they got to roll them in sugar or powdered sugar or eat with honey. They did a scavenger hunt in the morning and got some little rings and goodies as prizes. After they left there they did some driving, found a lake to throw rocks and went on a little hike.










Libby didn't want to go camping, so I had her and Hattie. After they left on Friday, the rest of us went to Libby's swimming lesson. Sarah was able to get us in to a lesson in the afternoon. Libby does well, but just needs some reminders on her form. She had a lot of fun and did well. She was excited to go off the diving board and down the slide a few times. We came home and Hattie had a nap. We had dinner, then went grocery shopping. Libby took charge of my list and help me stay on task. We came home and went to bed. On Saturday Libby got to spend the day with my parents. She had earned it as part of her bedtime chart. They went to Borders to spend her gift card from being student of the month. She had lunch at McDonalds and went to my aunt Deb's house. She loves going there especially to see what new treats she has in her pantry. They also went to DI out there and Libby had a blast finding some "treasures." She didn't get home until after dinner and had a great time. My mom detailed their day on her blog, too.

On Saturday night Brian and I went out. We were going to go to Buca di Beppo since we had a coupon, but when we got there there was a 45 minute wait (but no one waiting inside--weird!), so we went over to Abeulos. After dinner we went and saw Up!. It was a really cute, touching movie. It was fun that one of the character's name was Ellie. We liked the movie and think it's one we'll have to buy when it comes out.

Sunday was church. It was nice to be back since we've been out of town. It felt a little weird teaching my class again since I've had a two-week break. So I have to get back into the groove. We had a great lesson in Relief Society about being prepared--mostly financially and budgeting and teaching your kids about it and stretching your dollar.

Today we had swim team. Have I mentioned I'll be glad when it's over? I feel like a circus act while I am there. Most moms there have one kid with them or none and here I was with three and pregnant and in the heat, etc. I am having a pity party! I took a chair for each of us today and it worked okay, but Hattie wanted to stand in her chair, etc. etc. Only 8 more days of practice. 8 more days...

We came home and did our chores and such. The girls played a lot of Barbies. We did a couple of errands. A lady from my ward called around three and said she was bringing dinner around 5. I was like why?!? She said she just felt prompted. I have to admit I have been very, very tired the past couple of days and just a little stressed out. So it was very sweet of her to listen to the prompting and bring it. It was delicious, too. She had made lots of yummy food. She also brought her favorite bar of soap for me. It smells so good! I am grateful for her.

After Brian got home we had dinner and went swimming at the resort and had family home evening.

1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

How sweet! I'm glad you have people looking out for you in your ward.