Thursday, December 10, 2009

Coming Up For Air

I feel like I am coming up for air before heading back into the busy-ness of life. I wish I would have documented what I did so it's not so hard to remember! Some things I remember:
We went to the annual Pribyl Christmas party on Saturday night. We had arranged for Libby to be with my parents that night so we didn't have to worry about any problems with her and a babysitter. Eliza ended up joining her. They had a blast and a day full of fun. They went to DI and bought lots of books to read in the car. They also went to Casa Grande to see Emma in their town's electric parade. They froze but had fun! Then they got to spend the night.

We had fun at the party--Italian food for dinner and the anticipated gift exchange. We took a purse and a nice leatherman tool I had gotten at Cabelas. We went home with a pair of iPod headphones and a Subway gift card. It was a fun time and fun to visit and catch up with some friends.

Last night I had a training for the YW presidents. We had to train them on the 2010 theme so they could teach their class presidents. Then they'll teach their classes at ward conference. I had to speak about how they could work with their girls in creating an engaging lesson based on the new theme. I also worked all weekend, making these visuals that the wards could use to go with the theme. I don't know what I was thinking when I agreed to make them. They took forever!!! I am glad last night is over.

Now I can focus on getting ready for Christmas. I can't believe it's only 2 weeks away. That makes me stressed out. I have too much to do before then.

Last Friday Eliza and Libby participated in the fun run at school. Brian and I were holding our breath that Libby would actually do it. She knew we were coming to watch and she wanted us to come. When we got there, she said, "I'm scared." We thought oh great--here we go. But before we knew it, she was running off to the starting line. She did great! Ended up getting 5th place out of all the 1st grade girls. Eliza ran next. Her race was a fun one to watch. She ran well but one little girl was in front of her the whole time. I thought, "Well, it looks like she'll get 2nd this year." The mom and some of the mom's friends of the girl in the lead were standing next to me. I was cheering for Eliza and they figured out I was her mom. They asked if we thought about putting her in club track and we said yes but that they don't start the kids until they are 8 years old. They went on about how this little girl in the lead was in club track, etc. etc. But in the last lap about 3/4 of the way around, Eliza zipped past her and won the race. It was so fun to watch. I know this is just a fun run--not the Olympics--but it was still fun to see her win that.

Here is Libby running. We didn't dare make a big deal of taking pictures or we thought she might just run off the track! LOL. She is in the red shirt and gray pants--she even let me put a ponytail in her hair before she ran.



Getting ready to start...


Pulling ahead (might need to click on it to see her)


Winning!

I hope I can keep up better this week!

1 comment:

Mo said...

That's awesome news about the club track....I had no idea there was such a thing! I'll have to look into it.... ;)