Sunday, March 07, 2010

Ready for a New Week

I am glad to be starting a new week and maybe have things slow down a little bit. This past week was a doozie. Tuesday afternoon, Brian and I went to the temple to go with someone in our ward who was going through. Then on Wednesday I turned around and went again with our YW presidency. Thursday was the grocery store and track practice and Friday night we went to my niece's choir concert for her school. It was a Night at the Movies and they did music from various movies. ...very entertaining. Yesterday it seemed we were gone from sun up to sun down almost. My niece Abby was baptized so we went to that. She had asked me to speak a while back. I gave the talk on baptism. I think it went okay. I did a little object lesson with pennies and you take a well used penny and put it in a solution of vinegar and salt and it cleans it. I likened that to taking the sacrament each week and how we can be just as clean as our baptism day each time we have the sacrament. Then I got Abby and the other little girl who was baptized an unciruclated penny from the year they were born. I put it in a clean coin holder and my friend did "pure" from vinyl and I put that on the front.

After the baptism we went over to my brother's house and had lunch and visited and had a really fun time. From there we went to Cabela's to look for some snow boots. We are trying to find Brian and I snow boots for our upcoming Colorado trip. I think we have everything else but boots for us. No luck there. Ran into Big 5 to check and no luck there. We had chickens on Saturday, so we went and did that. Of course it started pouring rain right when we got there! On the way home, I totally remembered a wedding reception that we were invited to. I couldn't go because I had to help out at the LDS prom, but we grabbed a gift on the way home and Brian braved the reception with all the girls. He said, "We survived the reception and the reception survived us." Ha ha.

Saturday night was the LDS prom. It was our stake's year to host it for a few other stakes. Luckily we were able to call a specialist to be in charge of it and then she had a big committee to help her out. It was amazing. Seriously. When you walked in the cultural hall, you would have thought you were in a different place. It was neat to see all the painting we did (and I only did a little bit) come together. I'll see if I can get some pictures and post them. It looked great. Terri and I were in charge of the crazy booth--just a fun place where the kids could come get some props and have fun, crazy pictures taken--they had the serious, more formal pictures in the cultural hall. It was a great night and I think the kids who went really enjoyed themselves. I was so tired though. The dance was over at 11:30, then we had to clean up. It went fast considering how much there was to do. I got home at 1:30 then I had to make brownies and hot fudge still. As a thank you, we decided to take dinner to the lady who was in charge of the whole thing. My part was dessert, so I made that so I could take it over this morning for deliver. When it was time to wake up this morning, I was NOT ready to get up!!! I need a good a nap to try to catch up from everything!

No comments: