I'm behind because blogger was giving me issues with pictures!
Two weekends ago was stake conference. I loved the adult meeting on Saturday night. It was one of my favorites so far. At the beginning of the year, we were asked by our stake presidency to memorize the family proclamation. I thought, "Yeah right." It was so long and I was so busy. Then I decided to do it. At one of the ward conferences I attended for stake young womens, the young women who gave them lesson handed out 3x5 cards and had us write down a goal. She was introducing our stake theme and for one of the months the challenge is to give up one worldly interest for a spiritual interest. She had us write down the worldly interested we would give up and what we would replace it with. I said i would give up some sleep to study the scriptures more. So every morning i got up at 5:20 and before I went hiking or running, I would read scriptures and after we got this proclamation challenge, I worked on memorizing that. So that is how I did it. I think I had it done by March. I am very glad I memorized it and I have learned a lot from it and have internalized so much more from memorizing than just reading it. (Brian on the other hand really only took maybe a week or two and crammed it in and had it memorized!).
My point with that other than for documentation sake is that a lot of the conference was dedicated to topics from the proclamation. Sunday's meeting was good, but I was trying to keep five girls reverent.
Other things I have been busy with include our stake YW leadership meeting. We did kind of a "role-play/discussion" type thing where someone read a situation and then we discussed doctrine behind it and ideas of how to deal with it. I thought it was a good meeting, but we were disappointed at the lack of attendance. We get to do it again in October, so hopefully more people will come!
Wednesday, May 05, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment