Tuesday, July 20, 2010

Summer

I've slacked big time posting about our summer. But here is what we've been up to:

--played LOTS of house and Loving Family and Barbies.
--put the above said toys in a garbage bag a few times for a "time out" because of too much arguing.
--getting my braces tightened; having to wear rubber bands on both sides. I feel like a teenager again.
--knowing that I get said braces off in probably three months.
--Eliza got glasses for reading. Looks dang cute.
--lots of swimming--at the resort, at friends, at in-laws...We even got to go to Wet N Wild twice with my dad's summer program. It was SO fun. It's so much better since it changed from Waterworld.
--being hot. It's even hot at 5:30 AM!
--hiking and running at crazy aforementioned hour.
--making daily chore charts for the kids.
--nagging them to get the chores completed.
--having later than usual bedtimes.
--not reading as much as I would have hoped (the kids, not me). I did start a great series....The City of Ember. It's a young adult fiction, but I really enjoyed it! I'm on the third one right now.
--regularly have nightly visitors in our bed. Sometimes Brian will ditch and sleep in one of their beds so he can have more room. How do I get them to stay in their own beds?!

--Hattie got the camera one day. Here is what she documented:







That about sums up our summer!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love things from Hattie's point of view. She is becoming quite the photographer!!

Ann said...

How long is Ellie going to be sprawled out on your bed (at least at the top of your blog post)?