Sunday, August 08, 2010

Insert Uber-Interesting Title Here

I couldn't think of a suscint title to sum up the rest of our summer that I am so behind on writing about. So here is the Cliff's Notes version and a hope that I can keep up better.

--one of our most faithful babysitters got married a couple weeks ago. Brian and I got to attend her sealing in the temple. It was one of the best ones I've been to--I learned more than I think I ever had. I got to photograph her reception, so that was fun.

--had another braces appointment...learned I get to have them on even longer...hopefully in December I'll get them off.
--we've done our weekly chicken duty--love getting the fresh eggs, even though it's hotter than heck doing their coops each week.
--went to a bridal shower of a friend. I had a lot of fun making her gift...I love the printer's tray by 7Gypsies. Here is the finished product:

--went to the wedding and reception of that friend. Terri and I got to photograph for her, too. She had the most fun car to bring her and transport them throughout the night. It should make for some fun pictures.
--Libby had her teeth cleaned. Seems mundane, but it's worth mentioning because she actually let him (her grandpa) clean her teeth--x-rays and all! She had quite a few cavities and he even filled those. Little by little I always say with her, so this is a big deal for her.
--We had the stake opening social that we were in charge of for all the youth in our stake. We had it at grassy area at the end of a cul-de-sac of a family in our stake. It was so much fun. We did a BBQ and had sno-cones. That is what I did all night--make sno-cones! Then there were lots of water activities--HUGE slip 'n slide made from gigantic tarps, squirt gun fights, tug o' war, and a humongous water balloon fight at the end set to the theme from Narnia. It was cool to watch. The firetruck came at the end and drenched all the kids all over again.
--I had one of the girls from our ward who is in beauty school come over and give us all pedicures before school started.

--We had meet the teacher for Eliza and Libby on Friday. Both of their teachers seem like they'll be great. They are pretty excited to start a new year. I always get so nervous for them for the first day...my stomach is always in knots till I pick them up from school.
--Libby's teacher gave her some "Back to School" confetti at meet the teacher. She is to put it by her pillow the night before the first day of school. She was so excited to do it tonight!

--I think someone is really going to miss Libby when she goes back to school...

2 comments:

Ann said...

Awww! Cute pictures! And yes, Ruby will miss Libby....A LOT!!

The Headrick Family said...

Super cute pictures! Wondering how you were doing!