I feel so off track with documenting what we've been up to--I got so behind over the holidays. So here is a quick little catch up to what we've been up to. And maybe I can keep up better.
New Year: It always comes with resolutions. I wrote a few down that I want to work on this year--I won't mention them all here so you can't nag me if I am not doing well on them! But some include getting to bed by 11 each night (haven't been too great on that), reading a book a month, improved scripture study, finding more joy in life and thinking more positive thoughts. There are more, but I can't think of them right now.
Moving Up--Hattie graduated from nursery to sunbeams. Chrystalyn is her teacher, so that is fun. Hattie gave the prayer last week in sharing time--it was hard to understand her, but at least she did it. I am told she is doing well and being reverent. She is the only girl in her class, so she likes to keep the boys in line.
Decorating: We've been in our house for over 5 years and it's still not decorated. I have some rooms done more than others, but I feel like it's always at a standstill. So I am trying to get some things done. We started in Eliza and Libby's room. I am trying to decide on a paint color in there. And I have squares of samples painted in the front room and a bathroom, so I just need to decide. I FINALLY bought a new shower curtain for the bathroom by Ruby's room, so I want to get that room done. Now if I can just find new kitchen rugs. It's become a joke between Brian and I because I've been looking for a while but can't find any I like!
Holy Cow: Over Christmas break, me, along with some sisters-in-law, a brother-in-law and parents-in-law, butchered a cow. Yes. I never thought I would be part of something like that. And I hope I am not part of it again for a LONG, long time. Brian's dad had a cow that needed butchering, so for some reason, it was decided we would all take part and do it. We started around 10:30--his neighbor came over and helped him start the butchering. They brought in hunks of meat to be cut. At one time, there were two huge hind quarters on the kitchen counter and we just went at it. We canned some of it but ground most of it into hamburger. I cut so much that my hand was numb and stayed that way for a few days. My thumb still feels weak because of it. It was quite an experience that was good to have I suppose but not something I am dying to do again! I got home that night around 11:45. Holy cow is right! I was going to post a couple of photos, but I decided it was best to spare any weak-stomached readers.
Tuesday, January 11, 2011
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment