Tuesday, February 01, 2011

Zoo





Yesterday I went to the zoo with Ellie's preschool. I was afraid it was going to rain, but luckily it turned out to be a beautiful day. I took Hattie and Ruby, too, and they did great. I was worried to take Ruby, but she seemed to enjoy herself. We only looked at probably 1/3 of the animals. We went to the aquarium buildings, then saw some of the animals and fed (read: threw food at) the giraffes. Ellie went in to do the Lory bird feeding, but every time one got close to landing on her to eat the apple, she shook her hand so it flew away. Haha. That is exactly why I didn't go in. I don't like birds flying around or on me. I must be related to my brother...we had a bird growing up and it was so funny to watch him when we let the bird out. We got a kick out of it actually. I wasn't that bad, but I didn't go in to feed the birds. We also watched an animal show. One of the animals was a loud parrot. One time he squawked and all three of my girls jumped out of their skin and then Ruby cried and cried! I had to hold her ears until they took the bird away. After the show we had lunch, rode the train, played on the playground and watched the log ride go over and over without anyone on it. They loved watching that for some reason. I told my girls no one was riding it because it was too expensive. Later Hattie said, "No one is on it because it's not on sale." Very true! Overall, we had a great time!

2 comments:

Hailee said...

Bahahahaha! Not on Sale! Ha ha. It is too expensive though. It should be included!

Ann said...

Are you making fun of your brother? We won't mention names.....but you know who you are!!! LOL!