Sunday, August 14, 2011

Back to School

Tomorrow is the first day of school for our girls! Ellie's first day of kindergarten! My heart strings will be tugged all day long!!! I think I might drive by the school around her lunch time to see if I can get a peek of her at recess. We had meet the teacher last Thursday and everyone seemed excited about heading back to school. Nervous but excited.

A friend told me about this cute idea, so we made "confidence cookies" tonight. A couple of days ago I put M&Ms in a mason jar and labeled it "confidence." I didn't say too much about it but told them if they needed some confidence they could take some. (Hattie seemed to need a LOT as I found her sneaking lots and lots of confidence that past couple of days.) So on and off they have been having "confidence." Tonight we made "back to school" cookies and at the end after they were on the cookie sheet, I said, "Wait. These cookies are missing something. They need some confidence." So we got it out and put the confidence on top. I hope they'll remember it as they go back to school. I did say the best confidence they got was the father's blessings they all got tonight. It was so sweet--after Libby's blessing, we gave her hugs and I thought I noticed a little tear on her face. I didn't want to point it out or say anything, but she said kind of nonchalantly, "I always seem to cry." It was so sweet--especially coming from Libby. I told her it's okay because I always cry, too.

1 comment:

Ann said...

Me, too, Libby!