Wednesday, November 30, 2011

So Grateful


(the only picture I could find of them together recently--from my dad's retirement at the police department)

My parents are always so helpful and selfless in serving their kids. They have been especially helpful as I get ready to deliver. Take today for example--I volunteered in Eliza's classroom this morning, then around 10 my parents came over. My mom helped me make freezer meals to have on hand for after the baby comes. We made up three different recipes and through doubling them, we got 12 meals out of it. Yes!

While we were making the meals, my dad took care of Ruby--playing with her, taking her to the store to get one ingredient I needed--put laundry away, did some dishes, etc. When Hattie got home from preschool, he took her and Ruby to get lunch for all of us. Then after the meals were done, we ran some errands where they just dropped me off, so I could just run in and get out quicker than if I had to park, walk in, etc. It was very productive. I am so grateful for them and all they do to help.

2 comments:

Ironygirl said...

Your parents are great! I'm so glad you're getting some help before the little guy makes his appearance! Did you get a delivery date scheduled?

Ann said...

It was our pleasure!