Wednesday, March 14, 2012

Moving, Not Moving

The past couple of months have been the most trying, difficult, discouraging, tearful I think I've ever had. We had been looking for a house since about July/August. We found one we really liked and that would really fit our family, so we put an offer on it back in August. We went back and forth and back and forth with the bank on it (it was a short sale) until December! We were told that the bank accepted our offer on December 12--two days before Ezra was born--but that we'd have to close by the 28th. It was a crazy time in that we were going to have a baby and that it was Christmastime, but we decided we would go through with it. So thinking that we were moving, Brian was released from his calling from the bishopric. That was emotional for me since it happened while I was in the hospital--not the greatest timing in my opinion--but it is what it is. He was actually released that next Sunday, but since I had just had Ezra, I couldn't be there. I think I cried the whole time they were gone at church that day. I tell ya--these past couple months have been doozies! It gets better though. Ha! That next Monday, we were told that our offer had only been "verbally" approved and that the bank really was wanting more money from us to close the deal. At that point, we were done. We felt like we had gone up and up in price and for them to want more money was ridiculous. So we backed out of the house. We decided not to do it. It wouldn't have been so bad if it hadn't set the ball rolling for so many other changes that took place rather quickly when people heard we were moving. You can only hear comments like, "Well, that is one way to get out of your calling" so many times before you want to pop the next person who says it. We had even started packing.

I guess things happen for a reason, but we are still trying to find that reason. We are still looking for a house with another bedroom or two but nothing has worked out yet. We've had a couple of possibilities, but nothing yet. We'll keep looking. Hopefully I can look back on this experience as a trial that helped us grow. Until then, I'll try not to be reminded of it as I look around and see packed boxes and empty shelves.

2 comments:

The Headrick Family said...

I have been wondering how you were doing. Sorry about the house, hope one will work out for you soon! Lucky you and potty training! I am really jealous haven't even thought about that one yet. Maybe later on this summer. Miss you guys hope all is well.

Ironygirl said...

I felt really bad for you having to go through that house drama right around the holidays and having a baby. I was glad that you didn't have to move, but I'm sure it was really disappointing. Banks are awful. We didn't get the first house we offered on either because it was a bank thing. They aren't realistic about price and just want to suck you dry. I hope you find the right house for you guys.