Monday, August 14, 2006

Jet Lag and a "Home Helper"




We only went to Florida which is just a 3 hour time difference, but I am STILL feeling the jet lag from it. I think I might be over it today, but for the past week, it has been to bed early and up early. One night I went to be at 8 PM, which if you know me, is totally unlike me! But when 6:30 came, I was up and at 'em and not really tired. So that was nice. We were home late last night from my aunt's house so everyone slept a little longer, so maybe we are finally over it, but wow--I can't imagine what will happen when we go overseas and have a major time difference.

Item #2:
This afternoon I took the girls to Frys, then we stopped at McDonald's and I got them an ice cream in a cup instead of a cone. As we were driving home, I heard a snap, followed by a cry from Eliza and one from Libby. I was like what is going on?!?! Eliza was crying because Libby had bitten and broke the spoon and her lip was bleeding. And Libby was crying because it probably hurt. Once I pulled over and got her cleaned, up, Eliza talked to Libby the whole way, trying to help her to feel better. When we got home, Eliza laid out a blanket in the playroom, put a pillow down and put a blanket on top of Libby. She put her doll by her, along with some books. She even put in a movie for her and got her a snack.

I told Eliza that she was so compassionate and explained what it meant. She said, "That's what I want to do when I get older." I said, "Oh, be a doctor?" She said, "No, I want to be a 'home helper.'" I asked her what that was and she said, someone who helps kids who are sick or hurt and brings them toys and books and Polly Pockets and makes them laugh." Well, I think she'll be a darn good "homehelper." It was really cute to see her do that.

Item #3: I've included more pictures from our trip.

No comments: