Thursday, August 31, 2006

Randomness




Just a few random things and some random pictures on a Thursday...

--Libby is loving all her birthday presents, but she has really enjoyed Cariboo. It's a Cranium game, where you find colored balls ("treasures") and use them to open the treasure box. It's a fun game for kids. They have played it numerous times since she got it on Monday.

--Eliza had her "meet the teacher" tonight for preschool. She is excited and asked, "Can I start tomorrow?" (It doesn't start until next Wednesday). :(

--Libby wanted me to get down the "Life" game from the closet. I tried to discourage her because it's not really a little kids' game. Well, she persisted and I gave in. So I had a blast from the past and played a couple games. The girls kind of played (they liked filling their cars with kids), but I had way too much fun playing. I forgot how much I loved that game. We have game night with Brian's siblings tomorrow night and I think I'll bring that game. I don't think I'll have any takers, but you never know!

--Found out my brother and sister-in-law are expecting their third baby in April. Eliza is already bugging to know if it'll be a boy or a girl.

--Can't believe it's already September tomorrow. Before I know it, it'll be Halloween, Thanksgiving, then Christmas! Yay!

--A new month also means a new garden at 2 Peas.

--I came across a quote I loved the other day. It made me think about my friend Leslie. It's by Lisa Brennan-Jobs: "Friendship must be an exchange of wisdom, not just company. That goes against what a lot of people think. But I like being alone, so any friendships have to be meaningful and not just a way to pass the hours." I am grateful for her meaningful friendship! I don't really like to be alone, and I like being able to have great company, but I like the gist of the quote.

--Libby is really getting what prayers are all about. She has for a while, but tonight while she got her bath, she was playing with the bar of soap and she got some in her eyes. I tried to wash them out and dry them, but it hurt her for a little bit after. Well, when I was getting her to bed tonight, she said her prayers and in part of it she said, "Glad my eye could feel better." How cute!

--It's almost the weekend. Then next week is Creative Escape! I am so excited and need the "me time!"

Happy weekend.

No comments: