Sunday was our Young Women's Sacrament program. I thought it went very well, and I think everyone there really enjoyed it, too. I had written it similar to a Primary sacrament program with each young woman having a speaking part, then interspersed was music. We had a few solos, a duet, a trio and a couple songs that all the YW sang. I saw lots of women (and a few men) quite choked up during many of the songs. I sure was, too! I was really pleased with how it went, plus I am glad it is over!
In other news, Saturday morning I was up early to go to our ward's Super Saturday. I made some decorated soaps for neighbor gifts and a few pebble frames that Becky featured on her site a few weeks ago. It was fun to create and visit, then we had a yummmmmy lunch. After that morning, we did house stuff and Brian took Eliza and Libby on a little bike ride. In the evening, we had a BBQ for Brian's work to say thank you/goodbye/good luck to their regional leader who is moving on to be an area leader. It was at the Mitton's out by the White Tanks, in their beautiful home. Wow! We had dinner, dessert, visited, watched a slide show and listened to a few roastings!
On Saturday Eliza lost her first tooth! It was so loose and got to the point that it needed to come out. So she kept wiggling it until it came out. She was so pleased that she lost it and happy that the tooth fairy brought $1 during the night.

Sunday started early--I was at church at 6:40, making sure everything was set up for the program, then I had a meeting at 7. During young women's we thanked the girls and brought goodies for them. It was a nice touch to the day! In the afternoon, Eliza and I went to choir. She is going to sing in a little children's choir for Thanksgiving and Christmas. We came home and had spaghetti, then went to Brian's sister's to see her new baby. My girls loved holding her--Eliza said, "I think she really likes me," as she held and cuddled her.
Today was not the best day. Eliza was home because it was Veteran's day holiday. That would have been fine, but she and Libby were not getting along, weren't listening and just weren't being kind--to me either! At 10:30 I was scheduled to go take some family pictures, so we went out to the car and--dead battery! Three of the lights were left one and it just drained it! So--Brian had the charger thing at work and was in an appointment and couldn't get away. So I start with my next door neighbor. Not home. I think he really was home but must have been sleeping or showering or ignoring me or something. Neighbor 2. No answer. Neighbor three and 4--not home! I see that our neighbors on the end are home from their weekend of camping, so I head down there (as Ellie is pulling flags out of our neighbor's yard). He was cleaning is 5th wheel from their trip to the dunes, so I interrupt and plead my case. He drove down and gets us up and running. I am so glad he was home or I would have been stuck! Leslie watched my girls while I took the pictures--which happened to be just across the street. A picture from the shoot.

We came home, ate lunch and played out front for a bit. The weather was really nice today. Tonight consisted of:
--eating dinner (I didn't know Brian took all the leftover spaghetti for lunch today--I was planning on that for dinner), so we had an award-willing dinner. Some of us had scrambled eggs--others cold cereal.
--taking cookies to the aforementioned neighbor who saved me. They weren't home, so we'll have to try tomorrow.
--having a weird family home evening. It was actually not too fun because we ended up teaching Libby and Eliza a hard lesson. We told them on the way home from trying to deliver the cookies that we were going to have family home evening when we went inside. When we got inside we were in Hattie's room and called Eliza and Libby in to join us. Well, they chose not to listen and chose to play instead. Normally we would call them again and again to come. Not tonight. Hopefully they will listen the first time next time! Brian, Ellie, Hattie and I had home evening just us 4. After it was over and when we told Ellie she could have the home evening treat, Eliza and Libby cried that they wanted one. As hard as it was, we told them they couldn't since they didn't join us, plus they had to go to bed first. Hopefully it was a lesson learned instead of us being worst parents of the year!
Glad today is over! Hoping for a much better Tuesday. I'll end with some recent pictures from our life.


My cookie-making helpers today.

Ellie enjoying her spaghetti a little too much!
And a funny-the other day Eliza made name tags for herself and sisters. She said, "Now you won't have to go--'Libby, Liza, Hattie, ...whoever you are!'" Guess I get mixed up too much!
1 comment:
the name tags are hilarious!
Post a Comment