I've neglected my blog for a few days. Just got lazy--no other excuse.
Saturday:
Brian was still on his campout--they ended up doing a drive in Camp Verde, sleeping at his parents' cabin in Mund's Park, then doing an other drive plus a hike in Williams. They were going to mountain bike, but the wind was relentless! On Sat. morning, Ellie went with my parents on the second part of her birthday outing. They went to Target and Ellie "picked out" some long sleeve shirts (which she loves wearing and says, "Gramma" and points at her shirt) and a Little People bus. That has been lots of fun for her to play with, too. While she was gone, I took the other three to the park so Eliza and Libby could practice their monkey bar skills. We came home and joined Ellie in eating Happy Meals (the kids--not me!). Around 4:30, I picked up Sarah and she babysat while I did some Christmas shopping. Normally, I shop and see what I want and chicken out buying it, thinking, "What if it goes on sale, etc." This year I decided I wouldn't do that because usually nothing does go on sale, so I'm stuck getting everything at the last minute, etc. So I got some tablecloths for Brian's work party and some ornaments to decorate the room. I enjoyed PB for dinner (mmmm!) and hit Target for a LONG shopping time. It was fun to walk around without having the rush. I found some things I needed and got a raincheck for a couple things they were out of. And guess what? Three things I bought that night so far have gone on sale. And not like save one dollar...like save almost 1/2 of what I spent!!!! Annoying!! So I've had to get a couple price adjustments so far and still have to do one more. Oh well. Glad I could save some money!
Brian and I got home within a few minutes of each other so he could take Sarah home.
Sunday:
meeting.
church. It went well. Two of our young women taught and did a great job!
Got dinner mostly made. We had my parents over.
Went to choir with Eliza
Enjoyed a nice evening at home. Watched a touching Extreme Makeover: Home Edition. The kids' story was so sad!
Monday:
Bback in the routine. School. Libby had a field trip to Bashas and enjoyed that. She got to eat pizza and tour the store. Same old thing the rest of the day.
Tuesday:
Did a price adjustment at Target and grabbed some groceries. Eliza had piano. At night I went to Becky's and helped Leslie finish her mom's Christmas gift--a Rolodex album like my mom made for me at Hattie's shower. It went pretty quick, was fun to do and looks so darling!
Today so far:
While Libby was at preschool, we price adjusted at Party City and grabbed some gifts at Wal-Mart. We had lunch and are now out front. I just got reamed by my neighbor for the girls playing in the street. I am so mad! Maybe if I write about it, it'll be cathartic and will help me not be so angry! I can only hope!
Wednesday, November 28, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment