That seems like all I did today. We had swim team. I actually was going to let everyone sleep in and skip practice today, but everyone was up by 7, so we went. We came home after and did chores and had lunch. Then we left for Ellie and Hattie's swim lesson. They are taking from a lady named Jenny who is in my mom's ward. She is so good. The lessons are an hour long and she is just really good with them. Eliza and Libby get to swim during the lesson time, too, so they enjoy that. Ellie was a little nervous at first but then did great. She swam across the pool (the short way) by the end. Hattie cried/whimpered her first couple of turns but did well. Jenny teaches them if they fall in they turn and kick to the side. She got a lot of practice doing that and she really does well turning and getting to the side. It was very hot watching them, but she has a nice shaded area and Hattie sat on me between turns, so I got wet and kept cool. We came home and kind of chilled since we were quite tired from the day's activities. During Hattie's nap Eliza and Libby helped me with a project. I was trying to think of something nice to do for the lady who brought us dinner. She just had her first grandbaby, so we made a "grandma's brag book" where she can put pictures and throw it in her purse. I used one of those cheap 4x6 photo holders that you get for a dollar at Wal-Mart. I did a cover, then I put a few quotes throughout and I left the rest of the pages for her to slip in pictures of her little granddaughter. It was a quick fun project.












Tonight I had to go take some more pictures for camp, so Eliza and Libby came with me and Brian took Ellie and Hattie on a couple errands. I had to take Brian's car which normally would be fine, but his A/C just went out. Ugh. It was deadly!!! Luckily we were able to drop it off tonight for repair tomorrow. Let's hope it's not too expensive. His car has been a money pit lately! If it continues, Brian will be looking for something different!
3 comments:
What a thoughtful gift! I hope she likes it.
What a lovely gift for someone special.
re: Altered Inspiration BPS class, sadly the book is out of print according to my local stores (New Zealand) and it would cost a whopping NZ$50 to ship it from Compendium Inc. One day I may get lucky, and find a copy to alter meanwhile thank you for offering the class, it looked like it would have been fun.
Raewyn
I love the brag book idea! How cute, simple and cheap!! Thanks for sharing...
I hope the AC doesn't cost too much to fix. Mine's out right now, too and ick...
Post a Comment