Monday, November 23, 2009

4

Ellie at age 3
Age 2
Age 1


Ellie at 5 days old






Yesterday was Ellie's 4th birthday! In the morning, she got to choose between Lucky Charms or Pop Tarts. Two healthy choices, I know! She went with the Lucky Charms. I let her open two of her presents before church--a new dress and new church shoes. She looked so darling in her new outfit. (Blurry picture but you get the idea.)


After we were all ready, we headed to church. After church, in the car so Brian could watch, we let her open another gift--the new Tinkerbell movie. I knew they would like to watch it after church, so we did it then. She was excited. We came home and they ate lunch and watched the movie. She also got to open her final gift--a new pair of tennis shoes. She has really needed a new pair, so she got some. We went to Brian's parents' for dinner. The kids had fun picking up pecans from the ground, chasing the chickens and playing out back with each other. For dessert, Chrystalyn brought cake and ice cream. Earlier Ellie had helped Sara frost the cake with pink icing and purple sprinkles. She was in heaven!


Overall I think she had a great birthday. She is so funny...Ellie has sucked her thumb at night as she is getting to sleep. We have tried to get her to stop, but she would always say, "I'll stop when I am 4." She was doing it the other day and I asked her to stop. She said, "I'm not four yet." Since yesterday though, Brian and I haven't noticed her sucking her thumb anymore. Hopefully it'll last!

Here are some favorites of Ellie right now:
--loves clothes. She changes her clothes a few times a day. She loves to put together some fun outfits--pants under dresses. I think she is going to be a fashion diva like Eliza.
--loves to play with dolls. LOVES them.
--she is a pack rat!!! We'll find stashes of toys and books and stuff everywhere around the house--in corners, in backpacks, in strollers, in the car, etc. She loves to have lots of things in one place.
--she is such a little mom. She loves to help take care of Ruby. She knows what might be wrong when she is crying. She loves to hold her, doesn't care if she gets spit up on or if Ruby dirties her diaper while she is holding her, etc.
--she missed her terrible twos--they started when she was about 3.75 years old. I am hoping by age 4.1 she'll be out of it!

We LOVE having Ellie in our family. She is so much fun and very loving.

Eliza and Libby put on matching PJs from some hand-me-downs we got a while back. The thought it was fun to be match-y!

1 comment:

Ironygirl said...

Wow, it's hard to believe that Ellie is 4, but then Isaac's going to be 6. They grow up so quickly.

Looks like she had a fun birthday. I like that she likes clothes- that makes it nice for birthday shopping! :)