I survived the trek fun run. I wasn't nervous that I wouldn't finish in time, but I wanted all my running/hiking to pay off. I was able to finish the 4 miles in 37 minutes. Brian did well, too--I think he finished in 38. I only felt a little bad for beating him. :)
After we finished with that, we came home and got ready, then headed out to our family Easter party. We met at a park near Chandler. We each brought our own lunch, so we ate first, then the kids played--riding their bikes and scooters. Each family brought some sort of game. Brian did Tootie-Tah with the kids, then we did three-legged races. The kids hadn't done that before, so that was fun to watch them try to figure that out. Dan and Chris had bubbles for the kids to do with all sorts of blower things, so that was fun. Then my parents had gotten each grandkid and their dad a small marshmallow shooter. So they had a marshmallow war for a while. They loved that! After they did that for a while, my parents did their traditional "fish pond." That's always a big hit, too! They kids got chocolate bunnies, a shirt and a book. The kids and dads also spent a while hitting the baseball around. We had a fun time!
We left the park and zoomed home. I jumped out of the car, got ready, got everything together and raced to the church. It was the YW broadcast and I was in charge of heading up the refreshments and the recognition of the YW who received their medallion this past year. First for the dessert: I did a "value sundae" bar. I brainstormed one ice cream topping that went with each of the 8 YW value colors.
We had vanilla ice cream and then all the toppings.
Faith (white): whipped cream and sno caps.
Divine Nature (blue): York Peppermint Pieces. They look like M&Ms. They come in a pack that has blue and white, so I had to separate the blue ones out (and eat the white ones).
Individual Worth (red): cherries
Knowledge (green): sixlets
Choice & Accountability (orange): Sprinkles
Good Works (yellow): bananas
Integrity (purple): M&Ms
Virtue (gold): caramel


For the recognition, my friend Leslie found this cute idea to make a bracelet from a spoon. Thanks to her and her husband, we made bracelets for each of the girls who helped out. They turned out so darling. Hanging from the side are some beads along with a Liahona charm and an iron rod charm.

The broadcast was excellent, too. I especially loved Elaine Dalton's talk and President Uchtdorf's talk. Loved them!!!
The night went well, but I was SO glad and relieved when it was over. Now on to the next thing!


3 comments:
Erin you always amaze me! Sounds like the night turned out awesome good job!
The table with all of the toppings looks so cute! Good job, as usual!
You have been busy! I love the idea of the bracelet, those are so cute!!
Post a Comment