
Today is Brian's birthday. It didn't turn out as expected in that he had to stay home from work to watch the girls while I was in bed with a migraine. I guess it was good that he got to stay home, but it would have been more fun if we could have done something fun. Last night at track, my parents came for a minute and gave him his gift from them--a gift card to Cabelas. He wants a hat for the trek, so I think he'll use it for that. This morning Eliza helped me get his gift wrapped. I got him a pair of slippers that he's been wanting. Exciting, huh? He looks at them every time we go to Ross or Marshalls, so I knew he wanted them. He likes them because he can wear them out if he wants to. They are kind of like the ones here but his are brown. I also ordered him a couple of USA World Cup items but they are on back order so he'll get them in a week or so. I got him a shirt and a hat.
So for Brian's 31st birthday, I want to write down 31 fun things about him and things things that I love about him:
1. calmness--when I get stressed out or frazzled, he helps me calm down and put things in perspective
2. loves soccer--watching it mostly and playing when he can. His goal is to go to the World Cup sometime in his life.
3. is a great dad--loves to play with the girls. He can be found out back playing soccer with them or playing catch with the football or running races with them. Today Hattie said they played dress up while I was out of it in bed. I asked if Daddy dressed up and she said no.
4. is a great husband--at night he can very often be found doing the dishes or folding laundry.
5. enjoys watching Phineas and Ferb
6. can still play basketball with the best of them. He has a reputaion for his nice three pointer.
7. loves having things organized and efficient...hard to explain. It's not to an obsession but he loves tying up loose ends...loves finishing off the last of a cereal box so he can throw it away and loves having things complete and working properly.
8. is a hard worker to provide for our family. A couple months ago he made it to "segment 5" at work. When you first start at Edward Jones you start at segment 1 and then you have different levels of production that get you to the various
segments.
9. enjoys quoting movie lines
10. wants to own a VW bus sometime in his life
11. has to have the fan on at night when he sleeps
12. still records Suns games or soccer games on a VCR--one day we'll get TiVo!
13. knows the scriptures really well
14. loves peanut butter and chocolate ice cream
15. would love to live in Manhattan one day
16. would love to live on the beach
17. is honest
18. is concerned about his kids--it frustrates me when dads don't know who their kids' school teachers are or what grade they are in even. Brian knows and cares about those things.
19. is not a handy man but is man enough to admit it and will ask for help when needed.
20. is real...what you see is what you get.
21. supports me in my church callings
22. always fulfills his church callings
23. gets up with the kids if they wake up in the night
24. enjoys reading--always has a book he is reading
25. would eat El Pollo Loco every day if he could
26. he is always telling me that I look great even when I know I look frumpy!
27. can always make me laugh
28. loves late night snacks about as much as I do
29. doesn't complain when I complain to him.
30. stays up late with me
31. If I ask him if the doors are all locked, he'll get up out of bed without complaining and check.
Happy birthday, Brian. We love you!!!!!!!!!


1 comment:
Happy Birthday Brian! I love that he wants to own a VW bus, that would be really stylish!! And can you take pics next time he plays dress up? :)
Post a Comment