Wednesday, April 14, 2010

Whoa

Wow. I can't believe my last post was on the 6th. Time slipped away! Unfortunately I can't remember what we did each day.

I do know that this week started out clear as far as my calendar, but it really filled up. On Monday, I cleaned up the house from the weekend. I made a yummy salad for dinner--thanks to Karolyn for the recipe--and we had our neighbors over last minute to eat with us. Tuesday we did a few errands in the morning, then we went to my mom's and she made my apron for the pioneer trek. We also taste-tested some scones that she made for an upcoming book group night. She made one from Our Best Bites and one from The Pioneer Woman. Both were so good--different in their own respects but very good. That night Brian and I went to the Suns game. One of the young women in our ward was dancing with her dance company in the pregame show. So we went with the rest of the bishopric to the game. Tyson happened to have tickets from work, so we were able to use those. They were really good seats and 2 were on the floor at the scorer's table, so we rotated those seats during the game. Brian was in heaven! You couldn't get the smile off his face. He's always wanted to sit on the floor at a game. It was a fun experience to be down there. The players are huge. We were two seats over from Al McCoy. He is so little! And right behind us Brian was SO excited to see Mike Wilbon from the ESPN show PTI. He chatted with him for a minute, which was fun for him.



Today turned out to be so busy, too. Chrystalyn called to see if we wanted to plant a row in my father-in-law's garden. Somehow everyone had heard about it but us, so I was totally unprepared but we got seeds and planted a little space in his garden that we'll care for and hopefully get a vegetable or two from it. We went straight from there to track and then home. I am enjoy sitting down right now for a little rest.


I thought this was cute. On Sunday we did our Sunday Stations--thanks to my creative friend Rachel for the idea--but we have different stations that they rotate through. One of them was to build a temple from the blocks. Here is Eliza and Libby's creation. I loved how they made a little lake out front like the one in Mesa.

No comments: