Monday, May 10, 2010

Mother's Day

On Saturday Terri and I photographed a wedding, when I got home, Brian had the table all set nice for two, with a table cloth, place cards (Eliza helped), a dozen red roses as the centerpiece and some Harry Connick playing in the background. The bummer is that I missed my hint to pick up some food! He texted me "Going to get dinner?" I said I could for him, but he said he didn't need any (he had eaten earlier). I had already eaten, so I just came home. We had ice cream instead. It was for sure the thought that counted!

On Sunday morning I got to sleep in a little bit and they brought me breakfast in bed. It was my typical oatmeal with peanut butter on a cookie sheet for my tray. Everyone had made me some cute handmade cards. Brian gave me a gift certificate for a manicure and pedicure and gift card to Down East. The most meaningful part of that gift was that he took all our girls out to Chandler Mall to get it on Saturday. They had fun though--they got to eat in the food court and play.

Church went well. The young men were in charge of the Mother's Day gift. It was total guy--they handed each mom two Hershey bars--one with nuts and one without. It was perfect but I had to laugh.

I was out with Ruby for Sunday school and most of Relief Society. She is just in that happy but I've-found-my-voice stage. After church and after Brian got home, we headed to my parents' house for dinner. Both of my brothers and their families were there, too, so that was fun. The guys took care of dinner--BBQ hot dogs and burgers, salad, chips, soda and pies for dessert. My parents spoiled me and the sisters-in-law with gift cards to Kohls--now I have to decide if I want the sunglasses I found there or some perfume I have been eying.... We had a great day! The kids had fun, too!


Happy Mother's Day to all!

2 comments:

Ann said...

I love the picture!!

maccam said...

That is such a cute picture. And I LOVE Ruby's chubby thighs! Your girls are all adorable.