Tuesday, November 20, 2007

Fun, Fun, Fun Day!








Today I signed Eliza out of school a little early and we picked up Sarah to babysit Ellie and Hattie. Then Eliza, Libby and I headed to Kierland for our annual girls' day out. Each year during the week of Thanksgiving, my mom, two of her sisters and their daughters get together for lunch and shopping. This year, Eliza and Libby got to join in on the fun. I didn't tell Eliza until I showed up to get her from school. At first she was sad to be missing school! That's my girl! When we got to Kierland, we met at Cheesecake Factory for lunch. I had the salad and pizza lunch special (too much food!), Eliza had the pasta kid's meal and Libby had the chicken strips with fries. They weren't on the menu, so I didn't know how much the kid meals were. Ouch!!! Libby's was 9 bucks! Eliza's was 7. Next time, they'll share--especially because they both were huge portions. I should have known for that restaurant. For dessert we split chocolate mousse cheesecake. Libby loved that and all the whipped cream. It was so fun to sit and catch up. My aunt and cousin from Texas came for Thanksgiving, and my cousin who just moved to Portland was down, too. So fun!

After lunch we shopped! First was Anthropologie. I LOVE that store. They always have the coolest displays and store decorations. Today was no exception. We loved the snowflake garland in the front of the store and the hanging things made totally from straws. Cool. Every time I go in that store, I always say I am going to by an article of clothing there. But I never do because it is sooo expensive. Well, today was my lucky day. I totally scored. I found 2 pairs of shorts on sale for only $9.95. If you've ever been there, you know that is like an unheard of deal. Both pairs started out at $78. Ouch! After that we hit Babystyle, J Jill, Crate & Barrel, etc. I bought my ornament for our ornament exchange on Thursday. It was just such a fun, fun, relaxing time. Eliza and Libby had a blast and loved hanging out with my aunts and cousins. They also loved entertaining Emali's baby Grace and pushing her in the stroller. Audi took them on escalator rides in Crate and Barrel and they thought that was so fun.

All the pictures are especially for my Aunt Ellen who wants me to post more pictures so she doesn't have to read so much! LOL.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Ellen will be pleased! It was such a fun day! We need to keep this tradition alive.