Thursday, November 08, 2007

Past Few Days

I don't like to wait so long in between posts because then I have too much to catch up on. So let me start catching up.

Monday:
Preschool. School. Played outside. Brian had a bike here that they had fixed for Kiwanis club. So I hopped on and rode some with Libby. They thought it was so funny! I guess the fact that it was an old lady bike with a basket on the front might make it pretty funny! It was fun though. I miss riding a bike. And no--you don't forget how to ride!

My mom picked Eliza up from school and they went to Target together. Eliza loved it. That night was family home evening and Eliza taught a lesson about kindness and she compared it to a flower.

Tuesday:
My mom's birthday!!! Happy birthday mom!!

Karolyn's birthday, too. Some of us went to Becky's for soup and rolls to celebrate with her. It was a fun time.

Made roast for dinner.

After dinner we went to Cold Stone to celebrate my mom's birthday. Nothing like ice cream to celebrate!

My visiting teachers came over at about 8:45 and helped me tie tags on the girls' welcome gift for the retreat. It was such a sweet gesture for them. It really meant a lot that they would come over late (when they aren't really late night people like me!) to help me with my big week ahead! Thanks Leslie and Lisa!

Wednesday:
Preschool. School. Outside a lot (again!). I had mutual at night. It was a combined young men/young women activity. We went around collecting canned food. After I got home I worked a bunch on Heidi's class.

Eliza has pink eye AGAIN. So we've been doing drops again.

Thursday:
Eliza stayed home because she hadn't been on medicine for 24 hours. Eliza, Libby and Ellie played a lot this morning. After lunch we went to my parents' house to see their home remodel. It looks great!!! There is so much more room after taking down just one wall. They also got an awesome table from Potato Barn. It's huge and will seat us all when we come over.

This afternoon we went out front again. I've been sitting out there ready A Thousand Splendid Suns. It's the first book of the BPS Reading Room next year. It's a really good book; hard to put down!

Tonight I made Quick Stroganoff out of our new ward cookbook. It was pretty good. I took Eliza and Libby to Kirkland's. I found a green tin thing that I am going to try in our kitchen. It'll add a splash of color I think.

This morning Ellie climbed out of her crib. She fell out pretty hard and I think it scared her, so hopefully she doesn't try it again. I can't deal with that right now!! Her naps are my saving grace during the day.

My sister-in-law Laura had her baby today. Amy is her name. She is the same size as Hattie was: 7 lb. 7 oz. I want to try to see her tomorrow.

I'll end with a picture I snapped on our family picture night. And one that Terri took--I love it!



2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ouch! Poor Libby.

Kar said...

I am so in love with the photo that terri took! LOVe, love it!!!