Sunday, December 02, 2007

Ack!

Before I get too far behind again, I decided to update this!

This weekend was full--Friday morning Karolyn watched Ellie and Hattie while I went to Paradise Bakery for some visiting teaching. I met one lady I visit there and her partner and one person they visit (did you follow that?) was there. I got a lemon poppy seed muffin...my fav! I haven't had one lately, so that fun. I enjoyed visiting and enjoyed breakfast.

From there I did a couple quick errands and made the dang cutest thing. But I can't post it yet or it'll ruin some Christmas present surprises. It's just something little but it turned out so cute, I thought. That night Brian took Eliza and Libby to Cabela's and I stayed home with the littlest two and worked after they went to bed.

Saturday--Brian went into work for a couple hours. We hung out at home and enjoyed the rain!!! When it wasn't too heavy, we went out front and out back, but we mostly watched from the inside. It poured and we loved it!!

That afternoon we went to my niece Madeleine's baptism. That went well and she was happy for that exciting time in her life. Saturday night we went to the much anticipated annual party at the Pribyl's. Rachel (and Ben) always does such a great job hosting and is a great hostess and friend. We started out with delish appetizers, then moved on to yummy Italian food. I loved the punch (Incredible Punch from the ward cookbook). And dessert was pazookies (ice cream atop a 1/2-baked cookie). Everyone has a great time with the gift exchange. This year we brought a gift card and a movie bag (we scored some after Thanksgiving sales and got 4 great movies to give!). I went home with a bottle of Martenelli's cider and a gift card to Cold Stone. And Brian got two sets of Christmas dish towels and a piece of Le Creuset bakeware. It is nice but was funny that he won. No one took it for him the whole time!

Today was a busy Sunday. Brian and I subbed in gospel doctrine. Then I had to teach a last minute lesson in young women. I found out yesterday the person we were going to have teach couldn't make it, so I pulled together a lesson. I decided to talk about including everyone and cliques. I hope it will make a difference and that the girls didn't think I was singling anyone out. But both lessons went well and they are over! In the afternoon Eliza and I went to choir. We had family dinner at our house, then we watched the 1st Presidency Christmas devotional.

I'll try to keep up this week so I don't get behind.

No comments: