Tuesday, June 17, 2008

Father's Day

Sunday was Father's Day, so I got up with the kids for a while before taking in Brian's presents. We got him a t-shirt, a movie (Hoosiers), some hose attachments and a socket set. Fun (but on his list!). Brian is not much of a big breakfast type of person, so I poured some Cocoa Puffs for him. Then we got ready for church. Hattie lasted until about sacrament time, then I was out with her. I tried to go back in, but Brian ended up going back out with her. Brian taught his first lesson as the new gospel essentials teacher. I tried to go in with Hattie, but a small room becomes smaller with a loud 16 month old. 2 more months and she'll be in nursery!

After church we went to my parents and enjoyed a yummy dinner. We made Cafe Rio pork and all the fixin'. Yum yum. It's a lot of work but so worth it!! We stopped at Brian's parents for a minute to wish Brian's dad a happy father's day. Right when we got there Hattie threw up on me. It was weird. She was fine before then and hasn't been sick since then. Must have had what Ellie had!

It was a fun father's day...I am grateful for my dad. He is one of the funniest people you will meet. He makes everything fun and positive. I love that he'll watch my girls without complaining and my girls LOVE being with him. They especially love it when he does "steamroller." He has always been so supportive of me in all that I do.


I am also grateful for Brian. He is a lot like my dad in that he is patient and laid back. Not too much ruffles his feathers. I love that Brian is a loving, involved father who loves doing things with our girls. Four little girls are lucky to call him dad!

Yesterday was not a great day in that I had some sort of stomach bug. Ugh! I tried to rest as much as I could, but with Brian at work it wasn't so easy. I am feeling 100% better today, so I am glad about that. I didn't get anything done yesterday because of it! When Brian got home he took the girls to the store and I took a nap. Nice!

Today I took Hattie to the doctor for the dry skin on her back...eczema. I got a prescription for her so hopefully that will clear up soon.

Now we are hurry up to get ready for the summer regionals for Brian's work in a couple of days.

1 comment:

Jane said...

your little girls are so beautiful! wow!