Sunday, June 29, 2008

Water World

On Friday, Brian stayed home from work, Sarah came over to babysit Hattie, and the five of us went to Water World and met some other friends there. It was with my dad's summer program at work again. We all had a great time. Eliza and Libby (especially) were so much more adventurous--wanting to go on all the rides. They were a touch too short for a couple they wanted to do, but they had fun on everything else. Ellie loved the little kid area and after a bit enjoyed the lazy river, which I loved, too.

We came home in the late afternoon--Eliza and Libby ended up going to Rachel's to swim for a while longer. We hung out at home the rest of the day as no babysitters were to be found. I went to bed early for me--like 10:30 because I was supposed to go to the temple in the early morning with all the ladies who are going to girls camp. Well I woke up about 4:15 to Ellie fussing. After I took care of her, I tried to go back to sleep, but I had a splitting awful headache. My alarm was set to go off at 5:15, so I just got up, took some Aleve and started getting ready hoping my headache would go away. As I continued getting ready, I realized it wasn't a regular headache..I think it was a migraine seeing that I got sick sick in the bathroom. Eliza had come into our bed in the night and Brian had escaped into her bed, but she heard me in the bathroom. (TMI? Sorry.) I heard her say, "Mom??? Are you okay in there?" I assured her I was. Eliza came into where I was and said, "Mom--do you need anything? Do you want to say a prayer so you can feel better and go to the temple?" It was so sweet and meant so much for her to say that. So we folded our arms right there and she said a prayer for me. I didn't feel better though and went back to bed and pretty much slept off and on until about 11 in the morning. I was so sad to miss the temple trip, but I wouldn't have been much fun there. In the afternoon, Brian took Eliza and Libby to pick something up from his office and he took them to Peter Piper Pizza for pizza and games. I was feeling a little better but still took it slow. Luckily Ellie and Hattie napped at the same time. We couldn't find a sitter again, so after the girls went to bed, Brian got some take out (Chili's for him, Babbos for me) and we watched 27 Dresses which we both really enjoyed. It was a cute movie!

Today was church and Hattie didn't do so hot. I don't get it--at home, she clings to me and doesn't want me to put her down, but at church she just wants down to run and play! Ugh. During the second hour, Brian taught his Sunday school class, so I went into nursery with Hattie. It was either there or out in the halls. She is going to love going to nursery in 2 months. I can't wait! We had a combined meeting the last hour and it was focused on the worldwide training that was broadcast in February.

Tonight my parents came over for dinner--I made spaghetti and garlic bread and my parents brought salad. After dinner we watched the end of Alice in Wonderland, then played the thimble game. After a couple of rounds, Libby actually joined in which made me happy. For that game you fill a thimble with water and someone is "it." That person thinks of a category--it can be anything...flavors of ice cream, Disney princesses, cereals, animals, colors, etc...and "it" also thinks of one thing in that category. They go around to each person and each person says something from that category. If they say what the person who is "it" was thinking, "it" throws the water from the thimble on them. They they are now "it." It is a fun little game.

Here's to a new week! We'll be busy getting ready for our trip!
Here's a picture from this time last year. Look how fast they grow!!

No comments: