Saturday, July 04, 2009

Happy 4th

Yesterday Brian worked some of the day. Libby had one more swim lesson and did great. When Brian got home we all got ready and first went to Wal-Mart. Our vacuum went on the fritz, so we were looking for another one. It's our life story trying to find a vacuum that will last! From there we headed to Mesa. My parents wanted to get everyone together for dinner and visiting. We met at Oregano's and had dinner. We had to split up between two tables--all the grandkids but Luke at one table with my parents and me and everyone else at another table. How did I get so lucky?!? We had a really fun time though. The bring out dough balls for the kids and little pans for them to form the dough. It's just a time filler as they just toss the dough when the food comes. It worked though and kept them entertained!

From there we went to my parents' house for a little bit. After we got home, Brian was putting the kids to bed and I headed to Kohls and Wal-Mart. I got a $10 off any purchase coupon and I can never let those go to waste. It's free money! I've needed a pair of brown dress shoes and they had some great clearance shoes. I found some for $8.99. I also got one other little thing and paid 79 cents for all of it!

Today we got up early and were at the annual 4th of July breakfast. Our bishopric always does such a great job--yummy food and "the fire truck." The fire truck has been a ward staple lately---the kids love to take rides on it and they sprayed water on the kids for a little bit. There were also snow cones at the end, which is always a hit.





We came home and hung out around the house until early afternoon when we went to Kelmen's baptism. Karolyn is a really good friend and my girls love to play with her kids. It was Kelmen's big day. It was such a nice baptism. While he was getting ready after being baptized, they showed the little movie called A Pioneer Miracle. It was such a darling movie with such a great message. I'll have to get that one. After the baptism we went to their house for BBQ and swimming. We all had a great time. The kids seriously swam from when they got there at 4 until about 7:30 only getting out to eat very quickly and for dessert. They were having so much fun. Brian swam some with them. Hattie jumped in a zillion times and so did Ellie. Poor Ellie--when I put her to bed I could tell her eyes were bugging her. She was like, "I can't see..." They were red from being under water so much! We had fun visiting with a couple other couples and Karolyn and her parents. After baths when we got home, I put Ellie and Hattie to bed and Brian took the other two to catch some fireworks. I volunteer to stay home! LOL. I had to work on my lesson, too.

No comments: