Friday, July 10, 2009
Wicked
Last night we went and saw Wicked. The girls and Brian and I have been looking forward to it ever since we bought the tickets back in February. We took Ellie and Hattie to Brian's parents' for a sleepover while we went. We picked up my parents on the way and headed to Gammage. In our row and the two behind us, we probably saw 15+ people from our stake. So random that we all had tickets the same night! The play was awesome. I enjoyed it more this time I think because I knew more what was going on and caught things that I hadn't before. The actors did a great job. We thought the Fiero was great--had a great voice! Brian liked this Glinda better than the one in NY. She wasn't as over the top as the one in NY and this one had a little better voice. This Elphaba was really good. I thought she rivaled the one I heard in LA and NY until it came to the last note in Defying Gravity. She just didn't belt it like the other ones did, but she still did really super job overall. Eliza and Libby really enjoyed it, too. They were tired at the end but managed to stay awake. They loved knowing the music and enjoyed seeing what was going on when the songs they liked came up. My parents really enjoyed it, too. They have seen the Wizard of Oz a few times, so they caught all the references to that. It was a fun evening/late night out.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment