Sunday, November 08, 2009

Barnum and Bailey




First, here are a couple pictures from the stake musical.

Today I felt like a circus act at church. We walked in about a minute late. Ruby needed to eat around 7:20 and I wasn't ready yet, so that threw everything off. Brian had saved us a seat, but I didn't see it and neither did Chrystalyn, so we had two rows of the hard seats in the back. Ruby needed to be held and she thought she needed to eat, so Chrystalyn fed her. Ellie was back and forth between the rows. The wooden box of wooden magnetic dolls fell to the ground. Even Brian heard it from the stand. He thought we were playing a game of Jenga in the back! LOL. Ellie's bag of books fell to the ground (she brought enough to start a library--several board books). Some crayons fell, Libby wanted me to read with her, Hattie was chatty and loud, etc. It was a nice circus act. I think we entertained several people.

The rest of church went well. Eliza gave a talk in primary. Last night after the musical, we were trying to get everyone to bed. It was a little stressful, then Eliza says, "MOM! What about my talk for tomorrow?" Ack!!! She said she would write it. She wrote most of it, then Brian helped her finish. She even drew a picture to go with it and found two pictures from her Gospel Art book to hold up.

Tonight we had dinner at my brother's house. It was my mom's birthday dinner. Kamille made pork and cheesy potatoes, my dad did a salad and I brought dessert. I tried the pumpkin crumble from Our Best Bites. It was delicious! Everyone loved it. I will make it again for sure.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I feel like a circus act a lot on Sundays too. Happy Birthday to your mom :-) That pumpkin cruble sounds yummy - I will have to try it.