Saturday, November 07, 2009

Saturday

Today Eliza had soccer pictures and a game. She did great--even scored a goal. I think it was her first one. She kicked it far and over her opponents' heads. After soccer, we went to Brian's parents' to feed and water the chickens and collect our eggs. We hung out there for a bit, then I took Ellie and Hattie with me to the grocery store.

Tonight was Eliza's final performance of the musical "Legacy of Faith." My parents were able to come tonight along with Brian's parents. I enjoyed it again! Ellie came with me, too. I was really touched with how much the pioneers endured and all they went through. I enjoyed the rendition of "Come, Come Ye Saints." There was also a very touching song that three younger youth sang called "Prayer of the Walking Child." The girl who sang the last part was amazing. I think she is about 12 or 13 and her voice was out of this world. But the song really made you think about what the kids went through as they were crossing the plains. I'll post some pictures when I can access Brian's computer. It's not working tonight.

1 comment:

Ann said...

It was a fabulous performance. Dad and I were talking about the same thing on the way home....the trials of the pioneers and how much they suffered to make our lives better. We owe a lot to our pioneer ancestry.