
I told Eliza that she really got to stretch this birthday out! She had her party Saturday, her real b-day on Sunday and she still gets to celebrate at her baptism in a few weeks. On Sunday morning, she got toaster strudels for breakfast. She was so excited since she hasn't had them in a while! Then we let her open her gifts before Brian had to head off to his meetings. She mentioned a little while back that she wanted a hair dryer. So she got a pink one, her own shampoo and conditioner (she is always stealing mine and I have to go get it before I wash my hair!), her own brush and a little purse to put her hair stuff in. She was excited.
Yesterday was really hectic for me. We got ready for church and I dropped my girls off at our building. I had Abbie sit with my girls and my friend Jenny took Ruby and I had to head over to the stake center to visit a ward for their ward conference. Then I came back and finished up at our ward. After church I took my girls to my parents, then headed back to the stake center for a second ward conference. Then we met over at my brother's house for dinner. We had soups, salad and bread. For dessert we had ice cream and brownies.
Today started early with a hike. I was SO tired all day. I couldn't shake it. But I tried to keep going otherwise I would have zonked out, I'm sure!
Tonight my mother-in-law came over and gave Eliza her birthday present--an American Girl. For the granddaughters' 8th birthday, they get an American girl and some clothes. Eliza got the Nellie doll, which I think looks a lot like her. She was excited and is having fun with her.


1 comment:
What a sweet party! What a creative girl! and what a great mom! Love, Cam
Post a Comment