Sunday, January 10, 2010

Teeny Tiny 8th Birthday Party




















Since my girls don't get a birthday party every year, Eliza has been thinking about this party for a long time. We decided to do a "Teeny Tiny Party" and everything was in miniature. The invitations were tiny and we put them in tiny envelopes. For decorations, I made a tiny pennant banner and we hung mini streamers (curling ribbon). Out front in chalk on the sidewalk I wrote little words and phrases about "tiny". As the girls arrived, we had a little contest to see who could write their name the smallest. Then we made beaded rings. Luckily my mom came and helped me out. I really needed her hands the whole party! After the rings, we decorated mini composition books. After the crafts, we had lunch--mini bagel pizzas, small hot dogs in BBQ sauce, tiny carrots and dip and soda poured in tiny cups. I had gotten some chips but forgot to serve them. On the tables, I also had put out tiny bowls of mini goldfish, mini Hershey kisses, mini jawbreakers and mini Oreos. After lunch and refilling their drink cups over and over and over again, we went out side for some tiny relays. We did a pom-pom on a spoon relay and they had to pass a tiny balloon to the end of their line using only their necks. It was funny. We came inside the girls had a treasure hunt to find their favor bags that we had filled with tiny things. It took them around to different parts of the house and at each one, they had to do something. At the piano, for example, they had to go around and tell what their favorite little song was. At the DVD player they had to tell their favorite little movie. At the mirror, they had to tell a little something nice about the person next to them. That was fun and it made it last longer. Next, Eliza opened her presents. She was really spoiled by her friends. Then we had tiny cupcakes and tiny scoops of ice cream. One of my former YW works at Baskin Robbins, so I got enough sample spoons from her so they could eat with those. We had a little time left after cake, so we had a contest with gum to see who could blow the tiniest bubble, then we made tiny cootie catcher/fortune teller things. It was fun party and I think Eliza and her friends had fun, too!

4 comments:

Ironygirl said...

It looks like she had a lot of fun. You are a sweet mom to do all of that. I like the tiny idea- Eliza is so creative!

Suzee said...

I can not believe Eliza is 8! (that's a capital 8 HA!) Looks like an amazingly tiny party, and huge amounts of fun! Happy Birthday Miss Eliza!!

Jessica P. said...

Thats the cutest idea for a birthday party, it makes me want to be 8 again!! You know I write down all your ideas and am going to use someday!! :)

pribyl said...

LOVE the tiny idea! Eliza is getting so big! I can't believe she wanted a hair dryer. If only I could get Aubrie to do something with her hair!!!