Sunday, January 10, 2010

Sick Hattie

This week has flown by--probably because it's been a busy one. On Tuesday morning I had a presidency meeting. After those I always feel very overwhelmed with all I have to do and all that we have coming up. That afternoon I met Terri at the park. The kids played while we visited. That night Brian had bishopric stuff and I'm happy to report that I had all the kids in bed and sleeping by the time he got home. I did bribe them with candy bars, but that was a small price to pay!

On Wednesday after hiking, it was a usual day. I spent a lot of the day getting ready for Eliza's birthday party and getting ready for a mutual activity that night. It was a stake mutual activity to kick of the 2010 mutual theme: Be Strong and of a Good Courage. We watched part of the DVD and then the kids were in groups and created "Mormon Ads" based on the theme. We served ice cream sundaes for refreshments. It was a busy night but it went well. It is hard to keep that many youth engaged in an activity--especially the viewing of the video. We saw more kids than not who were talking, texting, looking through the magazines, etc. It kind of bugged, but hopefully they got something out of it. As we were cleaning up I got a text from Brian saying to come home and that Hattie had just thrown up. Ugh. Not what I wanted to hear! She was pretty sick that night, so that was a bummer. She was sluggish the next day and even a little bit on Friday morning. After I got a little Coke in her, she was much better. It sure settled her stomach. In between trying to take care of her, I worked on getting ready for Eliza's birthday party which was on Saturday. Now I know why I don't do birthday parties every year--they are a TON of work!

1 comment:

Jessica P. said...

I'm sorry to hear about Hattie, what a bummer!! Navy has had a horrible cold and sore throat the last couple of weeks and is just getting over it, I hate all this sickness going around!!