Saturday was a full day. The girls had a primary activity day in the morning. They did a scripture Olympics where they had different activities that related to things in the scriptures. Each class/team made a banner and then competed in the games. One I saw was the tower of Babel where they had all sorts of boxes and had to see who could build the tallest one. In another they threw folded up socks at each other to represent the stripling warriors. That is all I saw but my girls really enjoyed the activity. They got medals at the end.
The plan was for Eliza to go to the activity and I was going to pick her up early and head to her track meet. So I go to the church to pick her up and we were walking to the car and she seemed a little sad. I said, "Are you ok?" She started crying and said she didn't want to leave. So after talking for a bit, she ended up staying at the activity and we went to the track meet after. She ended up missing the 100m, but she got to do the 200m. I think it was sweet that she wanted to stay at the activity. I was glad she was having so much fun. When we got to the track meet, we waiting about 2.5 hours until her event. Yikes! She did pretty well. She got third in her heat. Her start wasn't the best and I think it threw her off, but oh well! We are trying to convince her to do more events so she has more to do then just sit around for one thing! I think she will next time.
Sunday, February 28, 2010
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment