Tuesday, March 02, 2010
Brace Face
And no, I am not talking about any of my kids. It's me! I got braces today. My mouth feels like it's SO full!!! It feels very awkward. Hopefully I'll get used to it. Brian thinks I look 16. Eliza said they "look cute...for braces." Ha ha! I thought maybe no one will really notice. My first stop after I got them on was to drop Ellie off at her little class and her teacher said, "Did you just get braces?!?!" I guess not! Everyone I talked to said something, so there is no hiding it. Tonight they are hurting and I can't eat very well. I am beginning with the end in mind though!! There will be an end and it won't be too long, thank goodness. The process was pretty easy. What hurt the most was the tech taking out my fixed retainer--all that sanding on a sensitive tooth--and having them stretch my lips as far as they could possibly go to put the braces on!!! Ouch!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


3 comments:
Oh dear. Been there. Done that. No fun. Actually, my husband Aaron just got braces back in November. Its totally different getting braces as an adult, but you'll be so happy with the end result. That's so awesome Erin. :)
Good for you. I had braces as a kid, but would love to get them on my bottom teeth again. They got a little crooked when my wisdom teeth came in. Good luck!!
why no pictures?!! ;)
how fun. My husband wants braces badly.. but he needs jaw surgery first! ugh!!
How long are you in for?
Post a Comment