Saturday, September 18, 2010

"Best-Of" Date Night

Last night Brian and I went out on our date and tried a couple of the winners from Phoenix Magazine. I saw America's Taco Shop in that magazine a while back and have wanted to try it, so we did that for dinner. I was a little nervous driving there wondering if I'd be brave enough to eat there, but it was kind of a cute little place. I had a carne asada burrito and it was so good. The meat was delicious! We also loved the salsa. From there we were going to hit Smeeks, but they had closed at 6. This wasn't from the magazine, but we went to Nordstrom Rack, H&M and we walked around Kierland for a bit. We ended with some ice cream from Sweet Republic--other Best Of Phoenix winner. We shared a two scoop--I got the salted butter caramel ice cream and Brian got peanut butter chip. We loved those but we weren't brave enough to try the honey blue cheese flavor or the sweet corn one. I fell asleep on the way home (aren't I a fun date?!!), then I had to wake up to grab a couple things in Wal-Mart. I love date night.

No comments: