Friday, September 03, 2010

PCH Day 2

Day Two:

Day two was kind of a blur for me at least. I woke up with a headache. I thought it was just a headache, but as time went on, I realized it was going to be a migraine! Yuck!!! Brian had to go down to breakfast and then on to his meetings. I was supposed to go eat and then join him for the spouse’s meeting. I stayed in bed a bit, hoping it would go away. It didn’t. It just got worse. I threw up. I missed breakfast. I missed the spouse’s meeting. After it was over, I managed to get dressed and packed up and we headed out for our drive down to Monterey. That drive was a blur.

I thought I was starting to feel better, then as we drove over the Golden Gate Bridge and into Saulsalito, my vision started getting blurry—I was like great! I got a bagel and smoothie to see if that might help. (bagel and smoothie from here)

Bad idea. Brian drove up to Muir Woods and it was a windy road, so that along with a migraine was a bad combination.

Let's just say we stopped a lot along the side of the road. It was miserable. Then I had a bad headache. So most of the drive I had my eyes closed and/or was sleeping. Brian got to stop a lot and he took a lot of pictures. I remember a few pretty ocean views, Pidgeon Point lighthouse and some farmland.












I started feeling better towards the end. We stopped at Whale City Bakery in Davenport and had a cookie and Gatorade, then finished our drive to Monterey. What a beautiful city. We are staying in The Clement hotel right on Cannery Row. We had dinner at a little Mexican food place called Jose’s.

I was just happy to be feeling better so I could eat! We walked around Cannery Row for a bit, then ended our night with some dessert from the Ghirardelli shop. I had a sundae and Brian had probably the best chocolate shake he’s ever had! So decadent!! Yes, I know it's blurry but that's the best we got that night. We tried to get another one the next night for picture's sake, but they were closed!

No comments: