Tuesday, September 07, 2010

Rest of Our Trip



These were all around the hotel. Loved those!

View from our room.
Downstairs near our dinner room.

Somehow some of the pictures in Santa Barbara and driving to and in Laguna Niguel got erased!!! We were so bummed about that. So I'll have to try to rely on my memory. In Laguna Niguel we stayed at the Ritz and that was one nice hotel. It was probably our favorite of the trip. The service was amazing--sometimes we weren't sure what to do with ourselves! The hotel just smelled so good and the decor was beautiful. It was kind of a deep purple with silver decor, which I loved since that is similar to what I want to do in our front room. I loved the flower arrangements in the entrance. I felt like I was at a really nice wedding.

We got in to Laguna in the evening, so we went back out and grabbed some dinner at a Mexican food place, then we found the closest Baskin Robbins. :) The next day we weren't sure what we were going to do for sure. We started by driving by the Newport Temple. Then we went to a mall in Costa Mesa to look for some more things for Libby's birthday. We left there and headed to Anaheim. We seriously considered going to Disneyland for the day. We went back and forth (mostly me, Brian wanted to just do it) whether or not to do it. It would be fun but $70 each for just one day and we are going in December, etc. etc. So we went to Downtown Disney and said we'd think about it. We walked around for a little bit and ate at the Rain Forest Cafe there. Ultimately we decided we'd just do Downtown Disney slowly and enjoy it since we are never there without kids and never can just leisurely look around. So that is what we did. And we had a great time looking in most every store. Those pictures got deleted though. :(

We got back to the hotel in the early evening and got ready for the last dinner with the rest of the people who were on the trip. We had dinner, then went back to the room to relax before flying home the following day. We surely enjoyed the weather there and enjoyed relaxing and being together on a fun trip.

Oh one more thing--on the morning we flew home we were driving to the airport and looking for something to have for breakfast. We saw a sign for bagels and thought it would be good. Holy cow...probably the BEST bagel I've had! I had a sweet cinnamon bagel and it was just delicious. I wish one would open here!

No comments: