Today is Pioneer Day. It is just amazing all they went through to get to Salt Lake. Yesterday Brian and I spoke in church. I think we did well, although I felt like a blubbering crybaby! It didn't help that before my talk, there was a special musical number. The bishop started out singing Come, Come Ye Saints, then after a line, another man walked up and joined him singing, then after another line, another man joined singing. Then the next verse, a few women came up and joined in singing. For the last verse the congregation stood and sang. It was so neat and of course I got a little emotional because I love anything that relates to the pioneers. And it was the song we sang at my grandma's funeral. So I got to speak after that. Nice. I spoke about the pioneers and how they were blessed through their obedience.
Not only did we speak, but Eliza had to give a talk in Primary. She spoke about prayer and gave a great effort trying. The first girl was to give the scripture, and she got up there with her mom and started crying, so her mom had to give it for her. Then it was Eliza's turn. She got up there with Brian, and she started crying. So the other boy who was giving a talk tried and he cried! It was a contagious feeling! But she got back up there and gave her talk although she didn't talk into the microphone and I don't think anyone could hear her. Oh well. It was a good effort.
Tonight I was reading Eliza a story before bed and I decided that The Dance isn't a great bedtime story. I was totally tearing up! Eliza asked, "Are you sad?" I kind of had to laugh. It's just a touching story. So note to self--save that book for Dad to read to her before bed next time!
Last thing: My mom found Quote, Unquote, Vol. 4 today at Scrapbooks Etc. in Mesa. Urgh! I don't have my copies yet, so I hope I get them soon.
Monday, July 24, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


No comments:
Post a Comment