Tuesday, December 11, 2007

Time Flies

Where has December gone? It is flying by way too fast that's for sure!

On Wednesday I took pictures of my new little niece Amy. She is a doll!





Standards night went well. I wasn't sure if we would go on as planned because of the weather, but it ended up going really well. We didn't stay to camp out (thank goodness--I didn't just say that, did I?!?). We met at the church at 5 and headed out to the White Tanks. The bishopric had prepared dinner (Mexican food), so we ate right when we arrived. It had been raining all day and pretty much stopped while we were there, but it was cold and windy. After dinner we had our program. I spoke and so did the young men's president. I used the video 212 from Simple Truths. I related it to standards and how we need to make sure we give 212 to living our standards in the For Strength of Youth booklet. I think the kids really got it and I hope they think about it. After Tyson spoke, we showed Money or Mission. I first saw that movie up in Utah at my friend Margie's house. Her friend is John Lyde who wrote and directed it. It is a great short movie about just what the title says--making money or going on a mission. I think everyone enjoyed it. Several parents wanted to borrow it after!

After the program we had dutch oven cobblers, then headed to Becky's house until about midnight. We had hot chocolate, s'mores, snacks and hung out and chatted. The girls played a few rounds of 100, too.

Saturday:
Tired!!! Not that I stayed up any later than normal, but I was just tired Saturday morning! That day we went to my parents' house and decorated gingerbread houses. Libby and Eliza had a lot of great ideas and I think it turned out very cute. Ellie ate a lot of the decorations before we could put them on! Good thing my parents had a large supply!




That night we had my cousin babysit and Brian and I went to a party for the Kiwanis club he is in. It was in Sun City Grand and we were totally the youngest ones there by a long shot! We ate turkey dinner, sang some Christmas carols and then left. We did some Christmas shopping before coming home. I had a gift card to spend at Pier 1, and we found some cute pillows for the playroom totally on sale. They were only $3.50 each. I also got a cute hanger for all our Christmas cards.

Sunday:
I had an early meeting, but I didn't have to teach! That was nice for a change. We had choir in the afternoon and I made soup to take to my parents for dinner. We stopped by Brian's parents on the way home and visited there for a bit. We played Apples to Apples, which is always fun.

Monday:
Tried to catch up around the house. I took pictures of my niece in her baptism dress in the afternoon.



For family home evening we took little gifts to our neighbors. I stayed up way too late working and trying to finish our Christmas card so I could send them Costco.

Today:
I was brave. I had to go to the post office to mail a couple of boxes and get some stamps. It actually went pretty quickly and smoothly. We stopped by my parents' to pick up some decorations for Brian's work party which is Friday night. On the way home I continued my bravery and went to Wal-Mart for groceries for the party. I just went as fast as I could and it went pretty well, too! We tried to play out front, but I was freezing so we came inside. Tonight was chicken pillows for dinner. Yum!

No comments: