Tuesday, December 18, 2007

Trying Not to Get Behind

It's busy season for sure! I just woke up from taking a short power nap. I feel somewhat refreshed so maybe I have an hour of work left in me.

Yesterday I got a little more Christmas shopping done while Libs was at preschool. After picking her up, we came home, ate lunch and hung out until time to get Eliza. She and Ellie helped me make pumpkin chocolate chip muffins. They LOVE to help me bake and are really turning into great helpers! After we picked Eliza up, I met Rachel to drop off a birthday gift to one of our laurels. Then I went straight over to Leslie's to take her some birthday fun. Lots of birthdays!

At night we had family home evening, then I took Libby and Eliza to watch some of my young women play in their high school soccer game. I guess the schedule I had was wrong! There was no game--it was moved to Tuesday. Instead we went to Barnes and Noble and got a book for Eliza's book exchange at school, then I treated them to Dippin' Dots.

Now today--this morning we delivered some gifts to friends, then we had lunch and played. Libby and Ellie were getting a little rambunctious, so we went out front for a bit. I had my cousin come over this afternoon for a little bit so I could finish Christmas shopping. It was productive! I think I am done with my shopping. I have to get a couple of gift cards and that's it!! Yeah!! It was fun shopping alone and being able to cruise or dilly dally while I shopped. I haven't done that for a while! I love the hustle and bustle of holiday shopping, so I'm glad I could get my fill this holiday season! On the way home, I picked up Eliza from her rehearsal for her piano recital, then we met Rachel again but this time at Cami's house for her 18th birthday! It's a busy birthday week! We came home and had yummy taco soup. Then it was time for try two at the soccer game! It was tonight! :) We watched the game, froze a little and had fun together. Eliza and Libby stayed busy the first part going up and down the bleachers. Then they got really cold, so they sat on my lap and snuggled. It was cute. We came home, thawed out with hot cocoa, then they went to bed. And here I am!

No comments: