Saturday, February 23, 2008

First Haircut

...for Ellie that is! At age 2, Ellie had her first haircut! I went to my friend Brooke and she straightened it up a bit and it looks so cute! And Ellie did great! I was wondering how she would act, but she climbed right up in the chair and sat still during the cut! She didn't quite grasp the concept of putting her chin down so Brooke could get a better look at the back; instead, Ellie leaned her whole body forward. It was funny.

Here is a before shot:


During & after...




Today Brian had to help out with a vendor fair that the Kiwanis club sponsored. So he left early this morning and set up and stayed till this afternoon and helped take it down. While he was gone Eliza went for a play date with a friend, and I took Ellie, Hattie and Libby to a craft boutique. My parents met us there, so luckily my dad could help with my girls! My friend Karlee was there selling her uber-cute wares. If you haven't checked out her stuff, go look! As tempted as I was (there is one fabric she uses that I am in LOVE with) I only left with one church bag for Ellie. She has been using a tote that is way too big for her, so I got her a cute one to take her stuff in. I also got to see her new diaper bag that she will be selling soon. It's adorable! She is going to be in another boutique in a couple of weeks. Here is the info:
Place: Arrowhead Elementary School (75th and Union Hills).
When: Saturday March 1st from 9-5 and Sunday the 2nd from 10-4.

She said she is working on a lot of stuff for that show, so check her out!

Tonight Brian and I went out. We stopped at Babies R Us to get a crib rail protector as Hattie has taken to chewing on her crib while she is waiting for us to get her out! We also stopped at JoAnn's for some fabric. My parents like to browse thrift stores, and I've had them look for some fun chairs I can use in photo shoots. They have found two chairs and I found fabric to recover them. I hope they turn out cute!

We ate dinner at a new restaurant (new to us). It's called Sandbar Mexican Grill and it's at the 101 and Northern. As we waited to be sat (sit? set?), we noticed this was a place where "hip" young people come to eat. And well, quite frankly, we aren't hip! But I loved my dinner! Brian had chicken tacos and thought they were kind of plain (there wasn't much on them), but my dinner was so good! I had the Mesquite Chicken Salad!! YUM!! Even Brian liked it. It had chicken, greens, mangoes, mandarin oranges, strawberries and a delicious prickly pear vinaigrette dressing. Can't wait to have that again!

Now we are home and finally catching up on the Apprentice from Thursday night!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Glad you weren't involved in the multi-car accident at the 101 and Northern tonight!!! Love Ellie's hair. The boutique was fun with the girls, though a little hectic! And I LOVE, LOVE, LOVE Karlee's bags.

Anonymous said...

Ellies hair looked great!!! Ha Ha
Thanks for letting me be apart of her first hair cut. I just love to look at your cute blog. Your family is way to cute!!
Brooke