Wednesday, February 13, 2008

Like, Yeah, Totally!


Tonight for mutual we had a combined activity with the young men and it was a decades dance. We were supposed to come dressed from a certain decade. I chose the 80s. Rachel went 80s and was totally decked out and looked so cute. And Marcy was crazy in her 70's get-up! We had such a great time though! We danced and played games. It was a fun activity.

On Monday Libby didn't have preschool because her teacher broke her foot. So we did some errands and hung out at home. In the evening we had family home evening. I had bought some conversation hearts and decided to focus on service (seems like a recurring theme!). If I caught them showing love or serving, I put a heart in a small jar. When it's full, they get a reward.

Tuesday:
I can't remember what we did. That's terrible! Oh wait--Libby went to a birthday party. She was supposed to wear a princess dress but got dressed in jeans and t-shirt and said that is what she was going to wear. At the last minute, I asked her if she wanted to wear a dress. She decided to change and wear a dress! Silly girl. On the way home from the party, she said, "That was so fun. It was fun time." It is cute hearing that from her because she doesn't show emotion like that very much. During the party I raced to Wal-Mart and back. Last night Brian had a meeting, so I worked on putting the girls to bed. It went on way too long! To be honest, it's the part of the day that I don't like the most. When night comes, I just want them to be in bed so I can unwind! Ack! It certainly wasn't like that last night.

Today: Libby had preschool. I stopped by Target to get some leggings for my 80s outfit. Keith grouted the tile. We just have to stretch the carpet back, then the outside will be done. Then it will be on to the inside. It seems like it is dragging on!!! In the afternoon we spent a lot of time outside and I got plenty of scooter time in. I think I know why they call them Razors. They sides are so sharp. I caught a rough spot in the driveway a couple times and the scooter banged both ankles. OUCH!!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

You all were totally stylin'!!

Anonymous said...

I totally agree on the bedtime thing. By the time it is time to get them ready for bed all I want to do is crash and doing something mind numbung like watch tv.

Anonymous said...

OOps. I meant mind numbing

pribyl said...

cute is a nice way of putting it;)