Friday, February 08, 2008

Randomness

Wednesday--
I had a good morning on Wednesday, then we took Brian to the airport. He had a business trip to New York. I can't remember what fund company it is for--I think Oppenheimer. They go and learn more about their funds and what they offer. He's been enjoying it as much as he can for being in meetings most of the time. His hotel is about a block from Ground Zero, so he got to go see that, which he said was really cool to see.

That night I had mutual, so I had to get a babysitter. I got one of my young women who graduated last year. They had a blast with her and even got pedicures. (She graduated from beauty school not too long ago, so they had fun). For mutual we went to Sarah Updike's house and made sugar cookies. She makes the best, best cookies and I wanted to learn, er...I wanted the girls to learn from her. :) She had some made for us to decorate, then we took them to 4 girls in our class who weren't there.

Thursday:
Thursday was a pretty normal day. Keith was here most of the day working on the room. At night we went to Kari's house for dinner. Rachel and her kids came, too, since all of our husbands are out of town. She made such a yummy dinner--chicken, potato casserole, rolls, salad, cookies. It was good and a lot of fun. The kids really enjoyed playing together. I have to laugh when I think about it because all of us moms were up and moving the whole night--helping kids with dinner or helping them get along, etc. Oh the things we do!

Today:
Today started early with Ellie getting up, then I had to hurry and get myself ready before Hattie woke up. Then I did the school run. Becky invited Ellie over to play with Claire, so I came home and put Hattie down for a nap and got a bunch done. I cleaned my kitchen and did a few other things. It was nice to have some time "alone!" After I got Libby from preschool and Ellie from Becky's, we went to Target to get a birthday gift for a party Libby is going to next week. This afternoon it was playtime, naps, making sugar cookies, etc. Keith painted the inside of the room today. The color is going to have to grow on me. It is blue, but just different than the neutral colors we are used to! I think once we get the cabinets up, it'll be nice.



Tonight we got McDonalds for dinner, then went to the park to eat and play for a bit. I must digress here about McDonalds for a minute. I gave my order and the voice "on the other end" sounded kind of like a machine. It was female, but pretty robotic. I pulled up to the window and it was a young guy. I teased, "Your voice changed!" Then I asked if it was a machine. He said, "No, it's someone in a different state." Hello?!?!?! Now McDonalds is now outsourcing the ordering to someone in a different state? What is this world coming to?

After we got home, it was bath time and decorating the cookies. It was a bit messy, but they seemed to have a fun time.








I am excited to go pick Brian up from the airport tomorrow! I'll leave you with some "just because" flowers Brian sent me last week.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I LOVE the color of your new office! It's very calming and refreshing. It looks like the girls like sprinkles!!! Yum!

Britt said...

JUST BECAUSE FLOWERS! Aww.. how sweet. my husband really needs to get on the ball. he gets me "just because" snickers bars. ;)