Saturday, March 01, 2008

Catching Up

Seems like being behind is what I am good at lately!

On Thursday we got up and ready, and Ellie, Libby and I went to Hattie's one-year well check. Their doctor is in a new office, so it was the first time there. It is a nice place and still fairly close, so that is good. Hattie measured at 20 lbs. 15 oz. and 30" long. She checked out good, except she had a little rash on her tummy. It just showed up that morning and I chalked it up to her wearing her new birthday PJs without them being washed first. But the doctor said it looked like a viral rash. He asked if she had been sick, so I told him about the fevers. He said that is what it was then...just the tail end of that and a rash from the fevers. It will go away on its own, so that is good. Because of that, he only wanted her to have 2 of the 4 shots she was supposed to get. On Wednesday night I was flipping through the channels and Larry King had another special on autism. The part I saw was about immunizations and autism. Some of the guests claim that after their children received some immunizations (namely the MMR shot) that they exhibited the first signs of autism. So when Dr. Kleiner said that was one of the shots, I got all worried. So I asked him about it and told him about the show. He said he would obviously do whatever I wanted, but he told me that he has never seen it in all his years of practice and there is a lot of research claiming the opposite. It did make me feel better, but it is still a little scary!

That night I went to a class on food storage and 3-month food storage. Now I just need to plan out what we'll eat and watch for sales. It seems so doable and we already have several meals, so I just need to finish up.

Friday was school and preschool and a pretty regular day. I did have a YW presidency meeting in the morning. Luckily Becky lets up do them at her house so the kids all just play together while we meet. That night, Brian and I had a different date. Way fun, but different than the usual (dinner, errands, etc.). We first picked up our wood for our den floors, then we ate dinner at Westgate at Motu's. It's like an island grill. I had a pulled pork BBQ sandwich and it was yummy. Then we walked over to the Jobing Arena and watched the high school state basketball finals. Brian has been wanting to see a high school game for a while, so we finally made it to one! A friend in our ward refs, and he was reffing the final game, so he got us in. We watched one girls' game and the 5A boys finals. It was fun to be young again at a high school event.

On Saturday morning, Brian took Ellie, Eliza and Libby on a hike at some of the new trails in West Wing. They had a great time and look forward to more of those. We are excited, too, because they are going to do some trails on Calderwood Butte, which is the mountain right out our front door practically! While they hiked, I was home with a sleeping Hattie. Brian helped with a move in the mid-day, then in the afternoon I went to a bridal shower, then on to an engagement photo shoot. Terri and I took the pictures together and we went to Westgate. After being there the night before, I thought it would be a cool place. It was until we got kicked out!!!!!!!! We are troublemakers. We were just minding our business taking pictures of the couple of cool places we found as we were walking around. Towards the end, a security guard stopped me and gave me the 3rd degree asking me 20 questions....who are you? Do you have a studio. Do people pay you for this? Who are those people? How do you know them? etc. etc. etc. He was so rude! He pulled out his "rule sheet" for Westgate and said there was no professional photography for commercial purposes. I still don't think we fit that category, so I was just really surprised. He doesn't know that the kind of cameras we have are actually quite common among the lay-photographer. But he didn't go for it. He said, "I think you have enough pictures...I have seen you all over." Weird! I was so mad!! So annoyed! It's not like we were taking pictures of specific things at Westgate, then going to sell them. Argh. OK...I will cool off now!

Today I had a meeting--Bishop's Youth Council--then it was church. Hattie made it all the way through and Ellie was close. During the last hour, I got to go to Relief Society for the visiting teaching conference. Those are always inspiring to me and makes me want to be a better visiting teacher.


Tonight we had dinner at my parent's house. My brother and his kids were there (missed you Kamille who was home with Luke who was sick) and my grandpa and his wife were here, so it was fun to chat with them. We haven't seen them in a bit because of his knee replacement he had in January.

Now it's time for a new week!

No comments: