Thursday, March 20, 2008

Egg Hunt #47





Yesterday I got out my girls' Easter baskets from last year and I had some leftover plastic eggs. So yesterday, Libby and Ellie made it the day-of-the-egg-hunts! First we started in the front room. I would hide the eggs and Libby would find them and vice versa. After a few times in there, we moved to Hattie's room. Then their room. Then my room. And then the backyard! I was egg-hunted out! Libby could have kept going all day; she loved it! She loved finding them and watching me try to find where she hid them. Ellie had fun, too, showing either of us where they were.

And today was yet another egg hunt! It was play group day at the park, so we all met there and the kids played a bit. We moms "hid" the eggs (a.k.a. spread them out over a grassy area), then each kid got to get 10 eggs. So fun! After that it was candy central! So much for trying to get my girls to eat their lunch there. My girls had fun and I had fun watching them and visiting with friends.

I have to record a funny, too, about Ellie. She calls her Easter basket "punkin" (translation: pumpkin). It's the funniest thing. In the garage I keep all the holiday stuff in one cabinet, and I had stacked their Easter buckets inside Ellie's pumpkin trick-or-treat bucket from this past year. So when we would go out there, she would say, "I want my punkin," meaning her Easter basket. So that is what she calls it.

This is also a very random thing, but ever since we got our van a few years ago, we've had trouble with the remote to unlock the doors and open the back doors. We've changed the batteries, but it didn't help. So for Christmas, Brian surprised me with new openers that worked--even inside the house. Well, it turned out to be worse than having one that didn't work great. The slightest budge would lock or unlock the door or turn it on the valet setting or passive setting or take it off of mute, etc. It was annoying!!! It was also somehow bad for the battery as every time we started the car, we would hold our breath hoping it would start! We took it in a couple of times and finally asked them to take it off and put it back how it was with the old remote that worked from only a few inches away. But he sent Brian away with a tip...to point the remote at your chin when trying to use it. Yeah...I was thinking what you are thinking. Yeah right; that is the dumbest thing I've heard. Well...it totally works! If your remote isn't working well, try it. You'll be surprised. I don't know how it makes it work better, but it totally does! I can be farther away and it'll open the doors.

I forgot to post about Monday--St. Patrick's day. Eliza made sure we all remembered to wear green, which we did. For dinner I made green pancakes. That was the extent of our celebrating! With an Irish name, you'd think I'd go crazy! My mom used to have a pin that would wear when I was younger that I thought was so funny. It said, "Erin go Braugh." She used to tease me and add a "less" to the end. LOL.

Last night was mutual and we had a get-to-know-you activity. It was a bit crazy. Each girl brought a basket with 3 things in it that described them or was something they liked. We were in a circle with someone directly across from us. We had one minute to share both of our baskets, then the outside circle moved to the right and we had a new person. We were in the primary room, so we were very crowded and it was so loud, I couldn't hardly hear my partner. That didn't take as long as expected, but the MiaMaid leaders were were in charge had a couple games planned. So they did some egg relays. Think 40 girls in the primary room doing egg (plastic) relays. Craaaaa--zzzyy! It seemed like they had fun, I hope!


That was random stuff! Maybe tomorrow I'll be more organized.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

So did you? (go Bragh---less?) :)